Daytona’s “M.I.N.K.S.” was released on mixtape last May 4, 2015 with the help of producer Harry Fraud. This is Daytona’s first album project under Surf School Records (SRFSCHL), Harry’s recording label in partnership with Priority Records – known to have launched projects from Adrian Lau, Eddie B, Curren$y, Smoke DZA, and Wiz Khalifa.
Known a year ago as The Kid Daytona, he dropped “the kid” off his stage name after getting signed to Harry’s label. Daytona and Harry also released the artist’s first single “Type-Ish” around a year ago.
It’s no surprise that Harry produced Daytona’s first album since the two have worked in the past and has the same circle of peers to boot. Harry admits that he has high respects for Daytona not only as an artist but also as a person. When SRFSCHL came into fruition, Daytona was the first artist Harry reached out to. Fraud obviously sees the artist’s limitless potential and they also complement each other’s musical tastes.
Other artists such as Beanie Sigel, Chuck Inglish, Daz Dillinger, Freeway, Problem, and Smoke DZA have also been featured in the album. The tracklist for the album goes:
2. Shots (featuring Beanie Sigel & Freeway)
3. Be EZ (featuring Problem)
4. More Bread
5. Lights Off (featuring Chinx)
7. Institutional f. Adrian Lau, Al-Doe, & Trap Ciudad
9. Theory Of The Low End (featuring Chuck Inglish & Smoke DZA)
10. Make My Day (featuring Daz Dillinger & King Lil G)
11. Come Thru
12. Drink The Water (featuring Chavis Chandler)